Sunday, April 5, 2009

Uchtdorf is the man

Elder Uchtdorf knocked it out of the park today in General conference. Since this is a Skinner news site it is revelent because his talk had a powerful effect on me. I was very impressed with the new Apostle Elder Anderson. His talk this morning was a wing dinger too. Maybe it was the new blood pressure medicine I am taking but it was good. It seems like all of them were fired up this morning. I haven't watched all of afternoons yet. Elder Oaks was pretty good he really laid it on the line but then Elder Bednar kind of put me to sleep. I will go take the tivo off of pause and watch the rest.

From last night preisthood session.

"I wonder what could be accomplished if we 'put away childish things' and
gave ourselves, heart and soul, to becoming worthy priesthood bearers and
true
representatives of the Lord Jesus Christ." Elder Uchtdorf
Apostle of the lord.

Another great quote:

The gospel is the way of discipleship. As we walk in that way, we can experience confidence and joy, even during times of peril, sorrow and uncertainty." The world offers many, ever-changing solutions to all problems, but the gospel "has the answers to our problems. It is not a secret. It is not complicated or hidden. It can unlock the door to true happiness. It is not someone's theory or proposition. It does not come from man at all."

No comments: