Sunday, November 22, 2009

insomnia from Valium?

I have started taking 5mg valium and .50 mg of Ativan. This is to slowly wean over to valium so I can get off of the stuff. Valium stays in your system way longer so it is easier to taper the dose slowly without side effects. I feel more stable now since I have a more consistent amount in my blood. It is not really that bad but when I haven't taken ativan I get tremors here and there in my body and cramps in my stomache and weird pains. It is not bad just unsettling. Now I am ticked off because Valium makes me not sleep. It is supposed to make you tired and drowsy. It calms me but kind of wakes me up at the same time. Ativan makes me sleep but it also makes me crazy. (ask Julie) Anyway the dose I am taking is very small and the doctor is surprised I am hooked on it. I guess my body is just weird. Now so that reading this post won't be entirely a waste of time I will write about something that happened to me last winter.

I went on splits with the missionaries and we went to a trailer park to visit a family. We went inside and they where nice people and everything but they where a little strange. The had a t.v entertainment center like most people do but where a glass door would normally be they had a chicken wire type door and inside of it where mice. I commented that it isn't everyday you see something like that. The guy took it as a compliment and proudly told me he had built it himself. I thought the mice were just pets until we where about to leave and they asked if I wanted to watch them feed their pet boa constricter. I did not really enjoy watching that snake chase the mouse around and finally devour it. It was gross. The people did come to church a few times but thankfully they didn't join the church. I did not want to have the assignment of being their visiting teacher.

1 comment:

Mare said...

Sorry about the insomnia. That's about the only "ailment" I can complain of. My brain just keeps thinking all night. Last night I couldn't stop thinking about my visiting teaching appt I missed--weird. Anyway, hope you do better on these meds. And I enjoyed your story, though there is no way I could have stayed and watched them feed their snake :)