Friday, November 27, 2009

Dead Parakeet

I am steaming mad today!! If only people in this family would listen to me!!! Here is the situation. Marci's sister moved out of this house about a month ago. They left their Parakeet downstairs in the bathroom. Now I don't go down there that much but I fed it once in a while. I told Marci a couple of days ago. "O.K this is it. Tell them to get their stupid Parakeet out of our house because it is going to die!!" It just sits in that bathroom day after day in its cage. One day I laid down the law. I said "Today is the day that they come pick up their bird!! I will not let the sun go down before that bird is gone and someone takes care of it" I am parphrasing. Anyway since I have no authority in this house nothing was done. Everytime I would go into the bathroom I would kind of subconsiously check whether the bird was dead or not. Today I was down there and did my subconsious checking while putting Leroy's poop in the toilet and sure enough DEAD AS A DOORNAIL!!!!!!!! WHY DO PEOPLE NOT LISTEN TO MY WISDOM? Well Marci calls her sister and THEN we hear. "YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO MIX GRAVEL WITH IT'S FOOD SO IT CAN DIGEST!!" Well that is good to hear once the bird is finally dead. I am glad it doesn't have to sit in it's cage anymore and is probably in heaven giving us a bad report. Well I know when I get to the judgment seat my conscience is clear. Others in this family I fear will be trembling at the when they give their accounting for the fate of this poor bird.

3 comments:

Mom said...

sorry to hear about the bird. It sounds like it was Marci's sister's fault. When you move you take your animals with you. Hope you had a fun Thanksgiving. We did I will post some pictures tomorrow.

Mare said...

Words are just words--you needed to take ACTION! How hard is it to carry the cage into the car and drive it over to their house? Geez! Okay I'm just kidding--sorry to hear about the bird. After working at the vet clinic I have my share of deaths hanging over my head :)

Brian and Marci said...

Well I refuse to do anything about the carcass. The guilty can deal with it.