Monday, November 30, 2009

The miracle of the key

Last week I had a very interesting experience. On Monday our Primary children were meeting at the church for an activity in which they were going to fill up toy bags, which we had sewn for humanitarian) with toys, some that they contributed from home and other that we had already accumulated. The Bishop had told us that we could store our humanitarian things in a small room that is above the stage, the only problem was that as yet we didn't have a key to the room. I contacted the stake person in charge of keys and he told me that he would get me a key by Sunday. When Monday came I still didn't have a key so I called around and finally located on that belonged to the Stake Executive Secretary. I finally got the key from his house and we were in business. I went up to the church and helped the Primary leaders to set up things and helped with the activity. When it was time to go home I looked in my pocket and I could find all my keys but the one I had borrowed. I looked all around the church and still couldn't find it. I finally called the Executive Secretary and then I felt even worse. We agreed to meet at the church and look for the key, we thought we might have to go through the more than 200 bags that the primary kids have filled up. I got Julie's kids to go with us to help. When I got to the church we looked first in the closets in the R. S. room and as I bent over to look into the closet I saw something silver sticking out from under a plastic container in the bottom of the closet. I looked closer and there was the lost key. When I found it both Dale and the lady who is stake humanitarian director said that they had prayed before coming to the church that it would be found. I am sorry to say that I hadn't prayed about it. But, there prayers must have been strong since I found the key almost as soon as I got to the church. It was a single key on a ring so it was small and hard to find. Needless to say we were all happy, especially the Stake Executive secretary since the key I lost was a master key to the whole building.

1 comment:

Mare said...

Good story. Glad it had a happy ending :)