Thursday, November 12, 2009

Clonic seizure

I think I had a Clonic Seizure last night. Here is the definition of this type of Seizure.

Clonic seizures are repetitive, rhythmic jerks that involve both sides of the body at the same time.

For the last few days I've had twitching in Various parts of my body. Last night was the worst it ever was. It was kinda like when you are really cold and your whole body shakes. It lasted about 5 minutes. Now I am still Jittery. I upped my ativan today to help control it. I think the problem is that I have developed a tolerance for Ativan. My body has been in withdrawal for it since I haven't upped the dose before because I want to get off of the stuff. The longer you take it the more you need. I am going to the doctor today. Maybe he will give me a different Benzo with a longer half life so I can slowly taper off of it. It's possible though that I have some sort of neurological problem and the Ativan is just masking it. My favorite Author Fyodor Dostoyevsky had epilepsy and he didn't have access to medicine so now I have more compassion for him. I still think maybe when I took Avelox and then took Ambien might have messed me up because there are studies that show the two medications mixed together can cause chronic nerve problems.

Update: Went to the Doctor. He and Marci thought I was full of Baloney. Anyway he is going to have me get an ultrasound monday to check my gall bladder. I also got some sleeping pills.

5 comments:

Mom said...

I am sorry to hear that you are having health problems. Hope that the Dr. can figure out what is going on and fix them. Let us know what happens. I finished reading my book that you sent and it was good. Dad is still reading his but he really likes it but said that it is pretty gory.

Brian and Marci said...

I read that they had to drink camel Urine in dads book.

Mare said...

Hope you get feeling better Brian. That sounds awful :(

Rachael said...

Not good Brian. What is wrong with our family and all our ailments? :O) Hope you can get help.

Brian and Marci said...

Well actually I think it was a relapse from my lexapro I was taking. I got off of that a month and a half ago and some people say that they have problems once in a while since the medicine gets stored in your body and then gets in your brain and messes you up.