Sunday, April 19, 2009

Update on my condition

Well I went to the doctor on Friday. I was nervous and tired all day at work and told the boss I needed to go to the doctor. I couldn't take those pills they gave me before because they make me tired and I can't be driving a truck like that. The doctor in Conrad seems to think my problem isn't my thryroid. I am not too happy about that. I am not sure he isn't wrong either. I am going to get my thryoid tested tomorrow to make sure he is not barking up a tree. He gave me two other pills to try. One is clonazaspam. It doesn't make you as sleepy as Lorazapam. It seems to work good but doesn't make me as "happy" : ). The other one he gave me was effexor. I don't really know what to think of that stuff. I took it for the first time today just before church and during sacarament it made me nervous and I could feel the pulse in my head. I went and took one of the clonazapam and about a 1/2 hr later I was calming down. I took marci home so she could sleep and then I went to preisthood. I am not sure if this effexor is supposed to work this way but I was kind of dozing off in preisthood and the thought came into my head "I'm out of the army now." I dozed a little bit more and then "in my minds eye" I could see a delicous looking roast beef. I was convinced I was going to be eating it and then I came to my senses. Going from being about to eat roast beef to hearing about Joseph smith in Liberty Jail is kind of a bummer. I am not sure I will keep taking this effexer since I don't think I need it anyway. Don't you guys remember grandpa Nuffer always saying he was getting nervous? Maybe that is what I have. Medical marijuana might be the answer.

2 comments:

Mare said...

Geez, those drugs are making you loopy! I hope you can find something that helps a little better.

Brian and Marci said...

I haven't taken anything today. Yesterday that effexor made me sick. My legs felt numb and about 7:00 I went to bed. Leroy and Pugly kept me company the whole time.