Saturday, April 18, 2009

Diagnose me!


So I have this yucky sore on my hand. It started out as a small circle that felt a little sore. I thought maybe it was getting infected so I put some neosporin on it and a band-aid and called it good! Well, that just inflamed it and made it worse. So I decided maybe it was eczema because I get it on my ring fingers from my rings. Usually I can just take off my ring and my finger will dry out and it will get better. This patch just keeps spreading and is dry and itchy. It's not oozy at all so I'm pretty sure it's not impetigo. So is it eczema? If so can anyone give me any pointers on how to clear this one up? Thanks!!

4 comments:

Steve S. said...

does it look like there is a small dark spot in the middle. And is ther any kind of callus or thickened skin? I get little spots on my hands that itch. They look like really small pin prick and after a while they peel. The skin dries and they peel. I don't know what it is though.

Julie said...

Mare it does look a lot like some eczema that I get. It probably got worse with the bandaid because wetness makes it worse. Try some hydrocortisone on it at least twice a day and see what happens.I buy the Wal-Mart brand because it is a lot cheaper. I also get this on my ring fingers and they itch a lot. Try not to scratch it because that makes it worse. Also try to use soap that isn't as strong scented and don't let your hands dry out after washing them. Try to keep them moisturized with a sensitive skin lotion. Let me know if it gets any better. Hope it does.

Mare said...

Steve--it does seem to peel. At first they are small like a pin prick but then they spread and get bigger and irritated. Julie, thanks for the advice. I was hoping that it was eczema and not something crazy or contagious! Though I don't really want more eczema on my hands--I didn't have any until 2 years ago! I'll get some cream and give it a try. Thanks again and thanks you guys for being so speedy!!!

Brian and Marci said...

looks like african flesh eating bacteria. Write your will enjoy the next month or two.