Saturday, April 17, 2010

laundry detergent



Some of the people in our area have been using these recipes to make cheaper cleaners and laundry soap. I thought that you might be interested in the recipes. One thing that I thought about was that it would be much easier to store the ingredients and make soap in case of an emergency because it would take up much more room to store the already made detergents. I made up the liquid laundry soap and it seem to work pretty good. It doesn't suds up but otherwise it cleans the clothes and has a nice lemony smell.

4 comments:

Mare said...

Glad to hear it works. Where did you find the washing soda?

Mom said...

I found it at my local grocery store.

Rachael said...

We made the laundry soap at Young Women's. I have not used it much yet to tell if it works great, but it sure was cheap. My friend makes enough to put in a big 5 gallon bucket and then she does not have to make it very often.

Mom said...

I made two batches when I made mine it doesn't take much longer and then you don't have to clean up the mess as often.