Friday, September 25, 2009

time for Dad to cancel his subscription

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/705332282/You-drive-you-pay.html

I am glad the Deseret news is not in charge of our road. Nothing makes me madder than when I have to stop every once in a while to pay a toll. Toll roads are usually the ones that are in the worst shape and the politicians always find something else to spend the money on. Vote out any leader who even suggests toll roads. I don't care who he is. Anyone that thinks toll roads are a good idea needs to go drive around Chicago for just one day. It is a big pain in the neck.

3 comments:

Steve S. said...

But I thought that you believed in the free market. Government can't do anything right. And I am sure that if the freeway system was privatized the quality of the road surface would improve radically. And they would always make sure that there are new roads built in rural areas like Conrad. Make sure you vote for the most conservative candidate.

Brian and Marci said...

As soon as they rescind the gas tax and registration I will agree to that. Toll roads are nothing more than a way to pay for other things besides the road you are drivinng on.

Steve S. said...

And if they did rescind those taxes do you really think the road system would be better? or worse?