Sunday, June 28, 2009

Poppies



The field across from our house is just full of oriental poppies. I think they're just gorgeous and love the contrast of the orange and green. They were one of my favorite flowers I grew at the ranch. I just couldn't stand it any longer this year and went and dug me a few up!!! They have a really long tap root so it was a little tricky replanting them. Two died :( but the other 2 are still green so I hope they make it. I don't think I'll get any blooms off them this year but hopefully next.

4 comments:

Mom said...

They sure are pretty. Are they just growing wild in the field?

James Skinner said...

Hey, I hope those aren't like the ones in afghanistan. You could get in big trouble.

Mare said...

Yeah, they're just going wild in a field--that's why I had the guts to dig a couple up! SShhh James! :)

Brian and Marci said...

James is still alive?