Monday, June 15, 2009

My biography chapter 1 I am born


Chapter 1 I am born


From what I have gathered over the years and through the existing documents at my perusal I will lay out in some detail the events concerning my entrance into this mortal existence. As far as I can tell my parents were living in American Fork at the time of my birth. I say this because the pictures from that period don’t look like the old ugly double wide trailer we lived in later at Wendover. I have also heard that I at one time lived in American Fork. My mother has written the following account of the circumstances of my birth.

“When Brian was about to be born his dad was at a Basketball game and his mom had to go to the ball game and get his dad so they could go to the hospital so Brian could be born.”

Now my mother (who writes run on sentences) was surely* surprised since I think I was several weeks early. They arrived at Lds hospital and according to the records I was born on Jan, 24 1970 at 4:33 am. Hours later John Lennon and Yoko Ono cut their hair short declaring that 1970 would be ‘Year One’ for peace. It was not until around 6:30 p.m that I was breastfed for the first time. It doesn’t matter what my weight was because that is such a dumb question people ask when a kid is born. “How much did he weigh and how long was he?“ What does that matter? O.k I guess this question might be a little more relevant for the women since they have to give birth and the weight of the baby matters more to them. I am not sure what else I can write about my birth since I wasn’t there. (my brain was not fully developed) I will therefore post this on the blog and maybe I will gain more information.

*my mom loves this word. Read the blog and you will see.

P.S Now I would like to hear the rest of your stories about when you where born. I think it was when she was in labor with James that mom tried to Jump out the window of her hospital room. Click on the above picture to see a more detailed image of my cuteness. Also mom please post that picture of Grandpa Nuffer that looks like Kenson. I want him to see it.

3 comments:

Mare said...

Oohhh, I'm intrigued. Write some more!

Mom said...

Pretty good story Brian but you have one fact wrong we were living in Wendover at the time of your birth.

Mom said...

One other correction it wasn't when I was having James that I tried to climb out of the window it was with Steve. The Dr had given me some medicine that made me rather groggy and I didn't know what I was doing.