Tuesday, May 19, 2009

the Lippizanner stallions




For Mother's Day Julie took me to see the Lippizanner Stallions. I have always wanted to see them ever since I read about them in my horse book when I was a girl. We had a fun time as it turned out Dad couldn't go so Julie and I went and enjoyed the evening together. It was really fun. The horses don't even start training until they are 5 years old and most of them start to perform at about age 9 or 10. They are born brown or black and turn white as they age. They can do some pretty amazing things. You should look them up on the internet and read more about them. I think that your kids would be interested in them too. My camera batteries were low so my pictures weren't the best but I will include a couple of pictures so you can see what they look like.

2 comments:

Mare said...

Looks like a fun night! I would love to see them. I didn't know that their coats turned white. Were you able to video any of it? Glad you got to go!

Mom said...

They wouldn't allow any videos of the program.