Sunday, May 31, 2009

Funny story from church today.

It was fast and testimony meeting today and there was something funny that I would like to relate.    The wife of the second counselor in the Bishopric got up and spoke about how her husband had gone hunting for black bears last friday.   While he was gone she felt nervous and so she prayed that a Grizzley wouldn't get him.  She got all emotional about it and said when her husband returned he told her he had seen a grizzley bear track in one of his own footprints.      She told the whole ward how she was so thankful that she had said this prayer and that her husband had not gotten eaten by the grizzly.     At the end of the testimony meeting her husband got up and said "now I would like to tell the rest of the story.  My wife is no longer allowed to pray that I will not come upon a Grizzlly and miss out on one of the highlights of my life.  She is not allowed to pray that I won't see a mountain lion or any other wild animal while I am out hunting."

1 comment:

Mare said...

That's a good story. Todd said that was the reason he didn't see any bears on his last hike---cause his wife was home praying them away :)